Length of memo field

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
DCSykes

Length of memo field

Post by DCSykes » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:15 pm

How can I test to see if a memo field contains any data? What I^m trying to do: if there is no data in the memo field, the line is blank. Otherwise, I^m to print "ATTENTION"^ followed by the memo information. I^ve tried the method I use for character fields (len(trim(fldname))=0) but it won^t work on a memo field.____R&R xBase v11, build 11.0.003.____Thanks,__Dennis

DCSykes

=> RE: Length of memo field

Post by DCSykes » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:13 pm

Does no answer to my question mean there is no way to check memo field length with R&R?____>How can I test to see if a memo field contains any data? __>What I^m trying to do: if there is no data in the memo __>field, the line is blank. Otherwise, I^m to print __>"ATTENTION"^ followed by the memo information. I^ve tried __>the method I use for character fields (len(trim(fldname))=0) __>but it won^t work on a memo field. __>__>R&R xBase v11, build 11.0.003. __>__>Thanks, __>Dennis __

kfleming

=> RE: Length of memo field

Post by kfleming » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:30 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-06 AT 02:32 PM (EST)]Create a calculation that says:__IIF(memofldname,ATTENTION","")____where memofldname is the name of your memo field.__ ____Kathleen__R&R Support____Note that the smiley that prints is really a closing paren.

DCSykes

==> RE: Length of memo field

Post by DCSykes » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:00 pm

Thanks, Kathleen. That got me onto the right track.____Dennis____>Create a calculation that says: __>IIF(memofldname,ATTENTION","") __>__>where memofldname is the name of your memo field. __>__>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support __>__>Note that the smiley that prints is really a closing paren. __