Summary Band Question

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
bruceka9

Summary Band Question

Post by bruceka9 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:02 pm

I have a summary band that is 4 inches in length - a lot of text at the end of the report.____I would like to have the summary band start printing right after the Grand Total band. However, it prints on a separate page most of the time. It appears it determines there is not enough space on the present page, so it goes on to the next page to print all of it together.____Any way to have it start after the Grand Total band and continue on to the next page if needed?

Simon_Bray_(Guest)

=> RE: Summary Band Question

Post by Simon_Bray_(Guest) » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:55 am

I do not follow. How can one Summary Band line be 4 inches deep ? Do you mean you have several Summmary band lines that in total are 4 inches deep. ____If it is 1 band line then if there is not sufficient room to fit it on a page then it will print on the next page. You can not print half a band line on one page. But seeing as how I can not see how you have only 1 band line that big I am unable to help further.____If it is say 8 lines then it will print as many of the 8 lines as it can fit and the rest on the next page.

kfleming

=> RE: Summary Band Question

Post by kfleming » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:39 am

Simon: I guess I did not make myself clear. The summary band contains a lot of text, legal stuff, which has to be printed at the end of the report. It is about 4 inches in length when printed out in WORD. So I just copied the legal stuff into a large summary band. ____Then I ran into the R&R printing issue, e.g. printing on a new page when there isn^t enough room on the present page to contain all the text in the summary band. The report has a large blank area on the final page when there isn^t enough room to print the entire summary band. This is not the way management wants the legal stuff printed. ____I^ll try Kathy^s use of constants as she noted in the other reply.____Thanks for the response.____Bruce

bruceka9

==> RE: Summary Band Question

Post by bruceka9 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:45 am

If the entire summary will not fit on the page, R&R will indeed start it on a new page.____There is a clumsy way around however. You could create a constant field and then group on that constant. If you have 4 summary band line, select that constant as your first 4 group fields (yes all the same field.) Then instead of using a summary band, use Group1-Group4 footer bands. R&R will then be able to split the 4 lines across pages since they are seen as different group fields rather than a single summary.____Kathleen__R&R Support

bruceka9

==> RE: Summary Band Question

Post by bruceka9 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:46 am

Kathleen: Thanks for the idea. I^ll try that today.__ __Bruce