Problem with ParameterR&R fields

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
pluichinger

Problem with ParameterR&R fields

Post by pluichinger » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:09 am

We have a problem when users enter data into a ParameterR&R field. The spaces that they type into the selection are getting set as the "circle" character.____For example, if the user is being asked to enter a SKU, and they type in "14 FTX-S", it gets turned into "14·FTX-S" in the Parameter dialog.____Then, instead of replacing the "·" character with a space when actually executing the query, it sends that character followed by the space ( or "· " ) instead.____I tested the odbc driver we use to make sure it wasn^t the odbc driver, and executing the same query in another program ( like Excel ) doesn^t create the same problem.____We^re using R&R 12.0.002.

Alan_Klein

=> RE: Problem with ParameterR&R

Post by Alan_Klein » Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:15 pm

I just tested this on my machine and it seems to work fine using the same character string you refer to.

kfleming

==> RE: Problem with ParameterR&R

Post by kfleming » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:19 am

Then maybe it is related to the regional settings on the machine?____Kathleen__R&R Support

pluichinger

===> RE: Problem with ParameterR&R

Post by pluichinger » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:38 am

I don^t believe this is the issue. I^ll include the two database calls below. Both calls are using the same ODBC driver ( psqlODBC v8.02.0200 ).____This first one is the call sent by R&R SQL Version 11:____^select inventor."product_id", inventor."quantity", inventor."cost", inventor."username", inventor."reason", inventor."adjustment_time", inventor."adjustment_date", inventor."average_cost", inventor."inventory", product."sku", product."average_cost", product."current_inventory", site."report_company_name" from www."inventory_log" inventor, www.product product, www.site site where inventor."product_id" = product."product_id" and inventor."site_id" = product."site_id" and inventor."site_id" = site."site_id" and ((product."trash_flag" = 0 and product."sku" = "16 FTX-S" and inventor."site_id" = 1)) order by inventor."product_id", inventor."adjustment_date" desc, inventor."adjustment_time" desc^____This second call is the one being sent by R&R Infinity ( Version 12 ):__^select inventor."product_id", inventor."quantity", inventor."cost", inventor."username", inventor."reason", inventor."adjustment_time", inventor."adjustment_date", inventor."average_cost", inventor."inventory", product."sku", product."average_cost", product."current_inventory", site."report_company_name" from www."inventory_log" inventor, www.product product, www.site site where inventor."product_id" = product."product_id" and inventor."site_id" = product."site_id" and inventor."site_id" = site."site_id" and ((product."trash_flag" = 0 and product."sku" = ^16·FTX-S^ and inventor."site_id" = 1)) order by inventor."product_id", inventor."adjustment_date" desc, inventor."adjustment_time" desc^____As you can see, the "16 FTX-S" in version 11 looks fine, but version 12 is putting in the circle character instead ( though it isn^t putting in the space after it, a mistake on my part from my first message ).__

Alan_Klein

====> RE: Problem with ParameterR&R

Post by Alan_Klein » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:39 pm

Could you just create another calculated field that would look in the Parameter field and change any occurrence of the circle character to a space?

pluichinger

=====> RE: Problem with ParameterR&R

Post by pluichinger » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:48 pm

Doh! Why didn^t I think of that? Thanks Alan, that worked perfectly.

toto_(Guest)

======> RE: Problem with ParameterR&R

Post by toto_(Guest) » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:01 am

Pls.check your rsw.srt or any SRT extention file. Go to line that said__"spacedot=255^ then remark it. ____It will works.____Good luck.__