Performance issues

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Maria_T_Jimenez_(Guest)

Performance issues

Post by Maria_T_Jimenez_(Guest) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:54 am

Application in VB 2010, SQLServer database using the R&R OCX control. RR. R&R version 12.5____I have a report that would require a complex filter of around 10 items to handle all possibilities requested by the user, and performance is not good. ____I^ve tried instead to set the Filter property to just the conditions needed for each option but it seems to hang. ____I set the properties like:__ RR_Report.Include = 2__ RR_Report.Filter = RR_Filter____Regarding performance, in an item posted in 2009 it tells the user to check the ShowSQL to see if all filter items appear in the WHERE. None or few of mine appear. So probably they are being handled locally. Most depend on a parameter. Parameter-based items are always processed locally?____If I set the filter in the OCX, it would also be processed locally?____Thanks!____

cstrasser

=> RE: Performance issues

Post by cstrasser » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:57 pm

Try using the WHERE property instead:____thisform.olecontrol1.where = "(elg.dbo.contact1.CITY = ^Phila^)"__thisform.olecontrol1.reportname = "c:deptprogsalesooktrak_workingWhereTest.RSW"__thisform.olecontrol1.runReport(1)____Where runs on top of any other setting you may have and it runs on the server, so you should see a performance increase.
Chris Strasser
Liveware Publishing, Inc.
Work bigger.