ParameteRR Field as DB Scope

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
KPelka

ParameteRR Field as DB Scope

Post by KPelka » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:29 am

I use Version 12.1 for XBase. I am starting with RR-Reporter. So, the following question may be foolish?!____I am not able to select the right records by using ParameteRR values as Starting and End-Values as DB Scope. The Index is MBNR+LFD, both character fields. If I use ^ 4700^ (without ^) and ^ 4701^ as Start and End and choose the Start-value Button for scope selection, it works fine (the total Index has 13 character places).____But a 5 Character ParameteRR ^MBanf^ will not result in records, if I put into the Dialog the Characters blanc+4700 (or any other similar combination). Each time I get: No records found.____What do I wrong?____Thanks for Help__KP

KPelka

=> RE: ParameteRR Field as DB Scope

Post by KPelka » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:40 am

Obviously nobody has an Idea - or my question was unclear.____Let me ask it in e different way:__How can I select interactively in a Report only a portion of the whole database.__I have a XBASE Database, index is MBNR, which is a Member number. I want a report, where the user can decide only to see member number 4000.__What is to do?__KP

kfleming

=> RE: ParameteRR Field as DB Scope

Post by kfleming » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:43 am

For the index type is the character radio button selected?____Kathleen__R&R Support

KPelka

==> RE: ParameteRR Field as DB Scope

Post by KPelka » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:26 am

Yes, Character is set in the configuration for the Master Table as also in the definition of the Parameter(s) itself.__The only value which works, is an empty field as input during runtime. Then, of course, I get the whole DB records.____A try only to use parameteRR as starting value and as End value using the end of Table or an specific End value does not work. ____Greetings__Klaus Pelka