INFINITY EXPORT TO .RTF FILE

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
davidm

INFINITY EXPORT TO .RTF FILE

Post by davidm » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:18 pm

Hi Kathleen,____My last post may not have made it, so pardon the repeat if it did. I am having trouble with getting a proper page break in a 12.0 Infinity report with an .rtf output. The information comes out fine, but I can^t get the page breaks to occur in the file properly. I have a header, records and a footer. I am trying to get the footer to appear at the end of the page, but it seems to just bleed over without creating a page break. I can send a sample file for you to look at if you like.____Thanks,__david

Anne_Phillips

=> RE: INFINITY EXPORT TO .RTF FILE

Post by Anne_Phillips » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:48 am

This is a problem had with all versions of R&R and I^m sorry that it^s not fixed in this latest release. Drives our clients mad.

kfleming

=> RE: INFINITY EXPORT TO .RTF FILE

Post by kfleming » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:49 am

Does the report have a page footer band line?____Kathleen__R&R Support

davidm

==> RE: INFINITY EXPORT TO .RTF FILE

Post by davidm » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:05 am

Hi Kathleen,____Apparently I didn^t get the page footer in correctly. It seems to be working now. Is there a way to ^force^ the footer area, which is always the same size, to anchor at the bottom of each page?____david

davidm

==> RE: INFINITY EXPORT TO .RTF FILE

Post by davidm » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:05 am

Kathleen,____This is my second reply. Hopefully this one gets through. I have now solved the page break problem, but I can^t seen to get the footer area, a fixed size, to stay at the bottom of the page. It may show up 2 pages after it^s supposed to. Is there a way to force the header and footer areas to remain the same and fill in the record area in between as the number of records expand or contract?____Many thanks,____david

kfleming

===> RE: INFINITY EXPORT TO .RTF FILE

Post by kfleming » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:11 am

Are these page headers and footers with no swapped group headers or footers?____Kathleen__R&R Support

davidm

====> RE: INFINITY EXPORT TO .RTF FILE

Post by davidm » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:13 am

Hi Kathleen,____Here I go with a best attempt at explaining this. I am trying to create a packing slip for one or more orders for one or more customers using a date or date range. The format of the header and footer remains the same, but is populated by the information from the orders in our system, selected by a date field. The number of items is variable, so the number of lines between the header and the footer may vary and if there are enough lines, a new page needs to start. each sales order has a unique record number, and that is what I am using as the first, and only, group. I have specs set as follows. PRINT ONCE, RESET PAGE, REPEAT HEADER are checked.____The RTF output seems to be ok until this spans across two pages and then it goes a bit wonky, printing blank pages etc.____Hope this helps. I^ll keep tweaking while I wait for your reply.____Thanks,____david