Cannot open file: snbd6w9s.dll

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
gjshuger

Cannot open file: snbd6w9s.dll

Post by gjshuger » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:51 pm

After I modified several report definitions to include a JPG image in the output, the user gets the error message "Cannot open file: snbd6w9s.dll" when he tries to run them. Even though I can^t find the file anywhere on my system, I can run the reports just fine. I^m running R&R version 12.1.001. What are we missing?

kfleming

=> RE: Cannot open file: snbd6w9s.dll

Post by kfleming » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:35 am

The user is not running 12.1 if rrwrun.exe is looking for the old snowbound dll. Have them check the version of rrwrun.exe by right clicking on it in explorer. ____Kathleen__R&R Support

gjshuger

==> RE: Cannot open file: snbd6w9s.dll

Post by gjshuger » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:13 pm

Thanks, Kathleen. I^ll check that out as soon as I can get to their system. However, since they^ve been running these same reports for many months, it seems unlikely that the main runtime file is an older version. I wonder if there^s some other out-of-date file that only joined the party with the addition of the JPG logo file to the RRW definitions. Would you advise upgrading to the 12.5 version

kfleming

===> RE: Cannot open file: snbd6w9s.dll

Post by kfleming » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:47 pm

The snowbound error would never occur with a 12.1 executable since V12 uses leadtools rather than snowbound as the image library.____Kathleen__R&R Support

gjshuger

====> RE: Cannot open file: snbd6w9s.dll

Post by gjshuger » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:02 pm

They were indeed running an older version (v9.?) of the viewer. They insist that the executable has not been replaced. Since they^ve been running reports for quite some time using definitions built with v12.1, I guess that means that the v12.1 definition files are compatible with the v9.? executable.____After I copied the v12.1 viewer executable to their system, the "Cannot open file: snbd6w9s.dll" message went away. (Does the "snowbound" name mean something, or is it just a verbalization of part of the file name?) However, we now get a new complaint. After opening the viewer window, Windows says "R&R Report Viewer, Xbase Edition has stopped working. A problem cause the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."____Since this app is running on their Vista machine, I decided to upgrade them to v12.5. I installed the viewer on their system, but the message still comes up after the viewer window is opened. (I have a screen image I can provide if you want to see it.)____What should I be looking for?

kfleming

=====> RE: Cannot open file: snbd6w9s.dll

Post by kfleming » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:29 am

Snowbound was the company name for the firm that created the DLL.____For the V12 error, try disabling the dictionary and librarian in the INI file and see if that helps.____Kathleen__R&R Support