Vista and Page Setup

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Anne_Phillips

Vista and Page Setup

Post by Anne_Phillips » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:20 pm

When I edit reports that I^ve created on my XP machine on my Vista machine the Page Size information is incorrect. eg If the page size if Letter and Landscape - the report displays correctly but the page size says A4 and portrait. When I run the report it only shows the left hand side as if it were portrait. If I correct the settings in the page settings it does not retain them. Please help!

kfleming

=> RE: Vista and Page Setup

Post by kfleming » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:36 am

I think that what you are seeing is a bug that occurs when a report is saved on machineA and then opened on machineB. The only workaround is to re-save on machineB for use on machineB or alternatively display the printer dialog so that the user can make a selection at runtime.____This bug is one for which a fix has continued to elude us.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Anne_Phillips

==> RE: Vista and Page Setup

Post by Anne_Phillips » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:29 pm

My default settings are A4 and portrait. If I create a brand new report on this Vista machine and change the page setup to Letter and save the report when I open the report again and check page setup for it - it^s changed back to A4. ____I^m very anxious that there is a problem developing reports under Vista. Secondly I^m very concerned that clients using running our existing reports all developed under XP won^t have the correct page set up and portrait/landscape if they run the reports under Vista. ____When I run a report on this Vista machine (developed in XP) that is supposed to be landscape it behaves as if it were in portrait mode.____I^m using V12.5 SQL____We have many clients in the US, UK and around the world.

kfleming

===> RE: Vista and Page Setup

Post by kfleming » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:22 pm

What printer are you using?____Kathleen__R&R Support