PDF export R&R 9

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Elsie_Denzel_(Guest)

PDF export R&R 9

Post by Elsie_Denzel_(Guest) » Thu Jun 06, 2002 3:35 pm

I am creating a PDF file to be attached to an email message. When I test the program that calls RRWRUN on my system, it properly creates the PDF, which can be viewed in Acrobat. When I transfer the report, and rrjb file to the user (who has all the required distribution files in their active folder, along with the ACFPDF.DLL and CDINTF.DLL) the PDF file is created in the folder. ____However when we try to open it, we receive an error: Acrobat could not open ...... because it is either not a supported file type of because the file has been corrupted( for example, it was went as an email attachment and wasn^t correctly decoded.) To create an ADOBE PDF document, go to the source application. Then print the document to the Acrobat distiller printer.____This message is generated whether we open the PDF that was created, or the email attachment after it is sent.____I have Adobe 5.0.5. The user has Adobe 5.0

kfleming

=> RE: PDF export R&R 9

Post by kfleming » Fri Jun 07, 2002 7:55 am

What values are you setting in your control file/table to create the PDF file?____Kathleen__R&R Support

Elsie_Denzel_(Guest)

==> RE: PDF export R&R 9

Post by Elsie_Denzel_(Guest) » Fri Jun 07, 2002 8:29 am

I am using the following:____RI_PRINTER: __RI_WPTR: R&R PDF Export__RI_OUTFILE: invoice.pdf

Ray_Birks_(Guest)

Post by Ray_Birks_(Guest) » Mon Jun 17, 2002 12:32 pm

>What values are you setting in your control file/table to __>create the PDF file? __>__>Kathleen __>R&R Support __I have R&R 9.0 with your latest updates. I understood in your earlier Doc^s that the PCF file structure output was not possible using RRWRUN:^(. AM I mistaken? I certainly could use the capability, if it works reliably. Must the user have the R&R 9.0 full version to create the PDF file when calling RRWRUN or having minimum DLL^s is all that is required? It also would useful if the PDF format is included in the export list of formats. Would like to maximize this important tool;).____Ray Birks

Elsie_Denzel_(Guest)

Post by Elsie_Denzel_(Guest) » Mon Jun 17, 2002 3:33 pm

Second reply to your question.______ I am using the following:__RI_PRINTER: __RI_WPTR: R&R PDF Export__RI_OUTFILE: invoice.pdf____ __Thanks.