Printing reports with Paradox

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Dan

Printing reports with Paradox

Post by Dan » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:38 am

I have had problems printing reports from my Paradox application for many years concerning the location of the "idapi32.dll" file. In the standard Paradox operation, this file is placed in the folder "c:program filescommon filesBorland sharedBDE". However a printing error occurs. If the file is moved to the "c:program filessystem32" folder, everything prints OK. I would like to have the idapi32.dll in the BDE folder as installed by Paradox. Is there something in the R&R runtime program that is causing it the give error. (You cannot have two idapi32.dll files on a system to allow printing)

Dan

=> RE: Printing reports with Paradox

Post by Dan » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:38 am

Is there a way to add a pointer to where the idapi32.dll file is located in the rswsql.ini file? I need for the idapi32.dll to reside in its proper place "c:program filescommon filesorland sharedde". It seems to default to the system32 folder for x86 systems.____Dan

Dan

=> RE: Printing reports with Paradox

Post by Dan » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:38 am

I get an error "Unable to connect with datasource" when I have the idapi32.dll in the folder c:program filescommon filesorland sharedde.____Dan

Dan

==> RE: Printing reports with Paradox

Post by Dan » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:54 am

It seems to solve the problems when I move the print driver files into the bde folder.____Dan