R&R 6 - DOS GPF Error...

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
Jim_(Guest)

R&R 6 - DOS GPF Error...

Post by Jim_(Guest) » Thu Jun 14, 2001 1:20 pm

I know that RR6 is not supported anymore because it^s DOS based, but recently, I^ve began having problems with it GPF^ing on virtually any machine. What makes this problem interesting is that it only GPF^s when I try to change the QUERY ("Include all records where..."). ____When I change the query/filter, and execute the report, I get an Error[35] General Protection Fault message. But, there are several ways to prevent this error. For instance, adding an "AND" clause and then removing that AND clause will produce the report as expected. ____Any Ideas on how I can correct this problem?____Thanks for any type of help you can give me.____Jim__

kfleming

=> RE: R&R 6 - DOS GPF Error...

Post by kfleming » Thu Jun 14, 2001 1:33 pm

The answer that I have is probably the answer you do not want but it will correct the problem.____Upgrade to V9 for Windows.____Kathleen__R&R Support

Jim_(Guest)

==> RE: R&R 6 - DOS GPF Error...

Post by Jim_(Guest) » Thu Jun 14, 2001 1:45 pm

I^d love to but can not do that at this time. This problem is with a legacy application that we are currently rewriting for Windows but until the rewrite is complete, we must continue to support the DOS version.____Regards,__Jim

Cliff_Wiernik_(Guest)

===> RE: R&R 6 - DOS GPF Error...

Post by Cliff_Wiernik_(Guest) » Mon Jun 18, 2001 7:48 pm

Did you try to recopy the R&R runtime from a backup copy. It sound silly but it has worked in the past. What linker are you using, I have had good results with blinker swpruncmd calling rrun.exe directly, or overlay. I do not call rruntime as it caused problems.____You could also try saving your report to a new report library or loading the report, make some nonesential changes and resaving it to a clean library.

Jim_(Guest)

====> RE: R&R 6 - DOS GPF Error...

Post by Jim_(Guest) » Fri Jun 22, 2001 11:20 am

Unfortunately, I have tried all of these suggestions already. Any other ideas? I may have to just give up on this one.____Thanks,__Jim