Parameter and Column Headings Export

Meeting place for R&R customers and clients to share tips and ideas. Post your questions, messages or problems here.
jaem

Parameter and Column Headings Export

Post by jaem » Fri Aug 31, 2001 11:39 am

I have two questions:__I have a 2 char data field called(CODE) and I want to return all the records which contain the char "XX" that the user inputs, how do I create a parameter to prompt the user for the input and return only those records which contain the input characters? I also need to set an input parameter for a date data field?____I want to export the report, but I can^t seem to get rid of the column headings is there a way to suppress the column headings on export?____TIA____Jae Markham

kfleming

=> RE: Parameter and Column Headings Export

Post by kfleming » Fri Aug 31, 2001 1:02 pm

Which version of R&R are you using?__Version 9 contains a new parameteRR field type that easily allows you to create prompted field values.____If you export to text data, there is a check box to include/exclude field names on the first line of the output file.______Kathleen__R&R Support

Jae_(Guest)

==> RE: Parameter and Column Headings Export

Post by Jae_(Guest) » Fri Aug 31, 2001 1:09 pm

Kathleen,____Thanks for responding to my message....I was able to read some of the previous posts and found the RR(parameterRRfieldname) message you had posted and was able to solve that issue in the V9.0 SQL edition.____I did like you stated as far as the export, and it still sends the column headings.....Any suggestions?____Thanks,__Jae Markham__College of the Sequoias